Friday, May 25, 2012

Cabbage Patch Kids



Mommy loves baby dolls, but I don't think there is any quicker way to bring a smile to my face than for me to see a Cabbage Patch Kid.  I love them, I have since I can remember.  We did not have much growing up.  Your grandma did the best she could, we were always happy, well fed, & clothed - but there was not enough for extras, especially not extravagant extras like a Cabbage Patch Kid.

When mommy was a little girl these dolls were EVERY little girls dream & I wanted - truly coveted one - so bad that I remember it to this day.  I finally got one when I was about 10.  After their popularity died down, and after I was considered by most to be too "old" for cabbage patch kids.  I loved them though - SO much.  They stayed on my bed for years and years. I was so happy to give them to you when you were born buggy.  Since then I have found a few more, so that now at 18 months you have mommy's two Cabbage Patch Kids from when I was little plus three more.  I just gave your sweet cousin Savannah one too.

I guess the moral of this story is that I hope that I am able to give you both the most beautiful & amazing life.  And I want to be able to give you some of the things that my mommy would have, but couldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment