Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Giving Thanks

When my fight with breast cancer began, I had no idea how powerful the journey would be. I could not possibly have anticipated how much it would change both who I am as a person, and my day to day life.

It gives me great peace to know that after tomorrow I will be finished with the first of my three stages of treatment.  There have been bad moments, hard times, tears that come from nowhere, and immeasurable fear, but I am thankful that there have been no bad days.  There is a powerful strength that comes from knowing that I am wrapped in prayer and love daily.  Recently, I received a letter from one of my cousins saying that I am being prayed for weekly during a Mass for Healing at two separate churches, one in France and one in Illinois.  I have another dear friend who is praying for each cell in my body daily, what a truly beautiful sentiment.  Another friend has sent prayer requests for me as far as South America.  So many of you write to me, or call me to tell me that I am in your thoughts and prayers.  I am so thankful for all of you, all of you that hold my family and I in your heart and take a moment out of your lives to think of us - thank you.  Your prayers are working.  My tumor is shrinking, this terrible yucky chemotherapy is doing it's job and soon life will slowly regain it's normalcy.

Last week, one of my childhood friends began a Go Fund Me page to help offset medical bills.  Many of you offered to do this for me, and for a long time I resisted, it is hard to ask for help.  I am moved by the generosity that has been shown to me in less than a week.  Moved is not a strong enough verb - I am touched to my core and in total awe of the generosity that has been shown to my family.  Colleagues, friends, family, people that I do not know that have seen my story, friends of friends, and those who wish to remain anonymous, all of you have made such a difference.  Reading your words of encouragement - seeing what you write about me as you share the posts, it melts my heart.  I knew I was loved, but have never ever known just how loved. Thank you all for that gift, it means more than anything else.

I also have two wonderful friends who set up a meal train, this has been such a wonderful blessing to us.  To come home, especially during the week of chemo, and not have to think about dinner - or going to the grocery store, that is a gift of pure love.  All of you that have provided nourishment for my family during this time please know that the words "thank you" will never be enough to tell you how much your gifts have meant to us.

If you are interested in seeing the beautiful words of inspiration the link is here Go Fund Me, Fight Like a Mommy .  Many of you inquired about purchasing a Fight Like a Mommy T-Shirt.  I set up an account where you can order one if you are interested Fight Like a Mommy Shirts, there is a little over a week left to order one.  These proceeds will also go to medical bills.

Tonight the David, the kids, and I went to the Bethlehem Walk.  It was beautiful, so very beautiful.  We were all moved by the words, and the beauty of re-creating the birth, and death of Christ.  We were so lucky to share the memory together. I am so thankful to have witnessed such amazing beauty with my little family.










I would like to ask of you all again to perform a random act of kindness tomorrow.  Smile at a stranger, hug a friend, call a relative that you haven't talked to in awhile, share a funny story with someone who seems sad.  Find a way spread love and joy in the world however you can.


#fightlikeamommy
#itisstillmyfairytale




No comments:

Post a Comment