Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Little Things

Sometimes it is the little things that remind you that everything is going to be ok. Today I had one of those small, super happy breakthroughs.  It is nice to be reminded that every day I am getting a little stronger.

There are so many side effects from the chemo that I haven't talked about.  One of them was that I lost the ability to project my voice.  It is hard to put into words exactly what I mean by that.  It was difficult to raise my voice enough to be heard in another room, sometimes even to be heard on the phone.  For me the most notable difference was that I couldn't sing.  Please do not get me wrong, I am not a good singer by any means, but I do enjoy serenading myself or the children in the car.  We love to sing along to their Kidz Bop or Disney CDs, and I love to belt out a good 80's or 90's tune.  Put on a good country song and you are pretty well guaranteed I am going to sing along.  It has been months since I was able to do it.  Tonight, without even thinking about it I began to sing along to Sheryl Crow.  I wasn't out of breath, it was miraculous. The kids were so excited, they were cheering for me.  I didn't realize that they had noticed my silence in the car so much. We sang all the way home.

After all the recent set backs I needed a reminder that I am getting better, every single day.  Thank you all again for your love and support.  I have received so many kind messages since my update yesterday.

Please continue to spread love and light into the world.  Thank you for all of your continued prayers and happy thoughts.

#itisstillmyfairytale
#fightlikeamommy
#livethedash

I wanted to share these pictures from the Thumbs Up Ball.  They make me smile.  We all had such a good time, if you weren't there you should be next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment