Thursday, August 16, 2018

Preliminary Results

You guys are so amazing,  I truly have a community of love.

I have been blessed with more phone calls, text messages, messenger messages, comments, and hugs than I can count.  My church is dedicating a rosary for me tonight, I have been told by so many of you that you have added me to your prayer lists.  I am more thankful than you could possibly imagine.  Each and every prayer means so much to me.

I know that I was wrapped in prayer because I was able to continue to place one foot in front of the other, I could literally feel the love pouring over me.

This afternoon, while I was having lunch with my precious children my surgeon texted me. 

"The preliminary results are in, the lymph node was reactive - but shows no sign of cancer."

I can breathe, my husband can breathe - it's truly a big beautiful sigh of relief.  My mom cried, right in the middle of getting her oil changed.  My daddy and Pat are celebrating in joy.  I have delighted in the texts and messages from friends.  I am so truly thankful.

Cancer is a war that is not won with one battle.  My fighting did not end when chemo ended, and will continue.  I will continue to be an advocate and an informer.  I will continue to share my story with transparency in hopes of educating and inspiring others.

I am sending you all love and light.  Please continue to keep us in your hearts, please pray for a cure for all cancers.  Keep my beautiful mermaid Sawyer in your prayers, she is at St. Jude now.

This week has been terrifying, I am grateful to all of you for loving me through it.

Please also keep my sweet Tommy surrounded in love and light. He is having surgery tomorrow and I pray for the surgeon to have skilled hands and the healing process to be quick and painless.

I truly cannot thank you enough. 

Go be the change in the world.  Give smiles, love, and laughter whenever possible.  Tell the people you love how much they mean to you.

#fightlikeamommy
#itisstillmyfairytale

1 comment: