Tuesday, August 14, 2018

My Yearly Checkup




We could call this the “before” picture.  I snapped it moments before my lovely surgeon and her medical student came in for my yearly exam.  I was super excited to post it when I left the appointment this morning declaring another wonderful checkup.

But, that’s not what I’m doing, at least not yet.

Dr. Stephen's found a small lump, on my cancer side. Uncomfortably close to the previous cancer site.

With surreal speed she rolled over the ultrasound machine and passed it over my breast to show both the student and I what she felt, an enlarged lymph node.

An enlarged lymph node could mean anything, really and truly anything – and it could also mean THAT THING. 

So, we did a Core Needle Biopsy.  She took two samples and placed a clip so she could find the area later.  Hopefully, we will know results on Friday. 

I am not kidding when I tell you that the waiting is the worst, like truly the worst.  The pain is also not much fun.  

I laughed a little when I re-read the aftercare instructions.  They read that there may be “some tenderness,” this is much like the Neulasta commercial saying that you may feel “some bone pain.”

For right now we are all in a little state of shock, this is not at all what I thought would come of today’s appointment. 

You are all my prayer warriors and my well wishers, and now that this news has settled in and the waiting begins I wanted to update you so you can keep all of us in your thoughts and prayers.  

Tommy & Elayna do not know, I don’t want them to worry unless we need to.

Go be the good in the world, hug your babies, tell the people you love how much they mean to you. Go to an animal shelter or rescue organization. Find your tribe, love them hard.  Most importantly, know your body.  Early detection saves lives.

Sending you all love and light.

#fightlikeamommy
#itisstillmyfairytale

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca,
    I’m am here saying a prayer of strength and comfort for you and your hubby right now. I pray that you feel Gods presence during this period of the unknown.
    Please know that you have so many family & friends here for you. If you need the Morano’s, we are here. In the meantime, we will pray!
    We love you and your little family so much! You’ve got this lady, but more importantly, God has got this!

    ReplyDelete