Friday, August 28, 2015

Defining Moments

I haven't been mad - really angry until today.

I have been sad, scared out of my mind - sometimes I find myself in complete denial, but I haven't been mad until today.

The past few days have been hard on my body.

The irony is that before all this I felt fine, truly I felt awesome.  I am head over heels in love with my husband, I adore my job, and my children are my everything.  I was even in Onederland (those who struggle with their weight know what I mean).

Then I started chemo, for the first few days it was ok - then not so much.  The discomfort is all part of the process, - I got this, I can do it.

But yesterday my babies saw me sick.  It was hard on them - it was hard on me.

This morning my beautiful little boy woke up crying.  With tears in his eyes he said, "Mommy, I don't want you to have Cancer anymore."

I can promise you this, if Cancer was a person I would have punched her right in her dag-gone face. You can hurt me, but not my babies.

Next time I have a game plan.  My medical team has explained that my body will react similarly to treatment each time.  So now I know that next time days 4-8 after chemo I am going to have so many playdates and diversions planned that the babies will know only the joys of childhood - not the yuck of mommy's chemotherapy.


Thank you all again for your prayers and love, they have meant the world to all of us.  

If you are interested in buying a "Bald Chicks Rock Shirt" there are still a few days left to buy one. 


Bald Chicks Rock! Shirts

They are a truly wonderful organization that I cannot say enough good things about.  You can read about all of their good work here - http://www.cjstuf.org/ 






No comments:

Post a Comment