Sunday, September 27, 2015

Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust

My sweet loves, sometimes I forget that I started this blog for you. I love that I have this way of sharing your story with you. It is also nice to have a place to record this year of our lives - this year that I hope and pray will be a tiny blip, a distant memory.  I am in awe of how many people have found our story. A little over five thousand people have visited mommy's blog.  What a beautiful way to spread the word of early detection.

This weekend has been a whirlwind.  Mommy caught a little cold, and felt a little lump on the side of her neck so I went to the doctor to have it checked out.  He gave me an antibiotic for my cold, and did an ultra sound of the lump.  It turns out that it is a lymph node, they are calling it "suspicious." For the record, I officially don't like that word. It is the same word the radiologist used when mommy had her first mammogram.  I am lucky that I have an amazing surgeon, I mean really really amazing.  I texted her while I was with the doctor.  She told me not to worry, that it is very likely that the lymph node is swollen because of my runny nose and sore throat.  She is going to fit me in her schedule early next week to get a biopsy and make sure everything is ok.

Elayna, you have a sign in your room that says, "Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust." I bought it for you when you were just a baby.  I love the notion of it, and I believe that we can get through most of life's obstacles with faith, trust, and a little pixie dust.


Faith

Faith has always been so important to me.  I had the most amazing experience last week.  I have been setting up work sites for the high schools that I support.  One of them that I stopped at is Little Sisters of the Poor.  I adore going there, it reminds me of my grandparents.  I used to love going to church with them every Sunday.  I loved seeing the nuns in church, and being at Little Sisters of the Poor brings all of those memories back.  While I was there I told one of the nuns about my battle with breast cancer, she was so very kind.  She took my hands and prayed with me, and told me the beautiful story of Jeanne Jugan.  Her story is here Story of Jeanne Jugan.  I was touched by her kindness and exquisite story telling.  She asked me to wait for a minute, she had a gift that she wanted to give me.  She came back with the Saint Card of Jeanne Jugan as well as this beautiful statue.  The statue is so calming to me, she made of stone and is solid and heavy.  She makes me feel safe.


Trust

Mommy is so lucky to have an incredible medical team.  They are wise and creative, and they are so supportive.  I have my trust in them and in God that I will see you grow up and grow old.  That I will be there when you go to your first school dance, be with you when you drive your first car, be there to see the joy when you fall in love for the first time.  I have trust in them that I will get to be there when your babies are born, and that I will be there for all of the big and little milestones along the way.  

A Little Pixie Dust

This weekend we watched the new Cinderella.  It was beautiful, I mean really beautiful.  Cinderella's mommy told her to be brave, be kind, and to find the magic.  I love this notion.  We are surrounded by so much love. Tommy I wish you could see how excited you get when you know someone is bringing us dinner. The truth is I am not a very good cook, so you guys have been eating better than you ever have.  

We have been given the most beautiful, thoughtful gifts.  Beautiful fluffy blankets that feel like you are wrapped in a warm hug, gorgeous scarves, earrings, snacks, cards, artwork, and t-shirts.  I am stunned by the thoughtfulness and kindness that surround all of us during this time.

My sweet friend Autumn made me this - it is a little pixie dust to carry around with me.  I love it so much, she is so talented. You should check out her website, her artwork is stunning and creative and I am proud to call her my friend. This link should take you to her webpage-  Autumn Stewart



Have courage, and be kind.  This is still our fairy-tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment