Thursday, September 17, 2015

Speechless...

There are not many times in my life that I have been speechless, but this Monday I was so overcome with emotion that I was truly at a loss for words.

Monday we had our first big meeting of the year.  I love them. Incredible people from all over the county gather together to share ideas and updates.  It is a place where real magic happens and I love being a part of it.

When I arrived at the meeting there were already a sea of people there. They all greeted me with big smiles.  Slowly, I noticed the scarves, hats, bandannas, and fun head bands adorning heads all over the room.  These amazing people, whom I have so much respect for did this for me. Professionals that I have known since I was in high school, others that I have known and worked with over the course of my career, and some that I have only recently met all came together and orchestrated this beautiful act of kindness for me.

They let me know without saying a word that they believe in me, that they know my struggle, and that they support me.

I felt the tears, I was so moved.  I don't know how to adequately describe the feeling of that morning. To be so wrapped in love and solidarity touched me in a way that I cannot describe.  I will never be able to say thank you eloquently enough to truly define how much your gesture meant to me.

I can tell you that I will hold that memory in my heart always, and that it will make me brave - even when I am not.

Thank you all for taking my breath away, and rendering me speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment