Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Next Steps

In just a few weeks I will have my third surgery related to cancer.  Before all of this the only surgeries I had included having my tonsils and adenoids removed as a child and then two c-sections.


The next surgery is often referred to as "stage 2" in the DIEP world.  Mine will be slightly more extensive because in addition to the stage two procedures the surgeon will also be closing the wounds on my breast and abdomen that opened after the initial DIEP.  Those wounds have been open since January.  I will be so thankful to have them closed.  Surprisingly, this surgery will be outpatient and I will be out of work for less than a week.

Surgery is scheduled for April 15th.

Speaking of work, I am so thankful to be back.  It is awesome to be doing what I love.  The next two weeks are packed with new adventures and information sessions and I am so excited to be a part of all of them

My wonderful co-workers decorated my chair to welcome me back to work.
.

My hives have improved greatly!  I am so glad to be able to say that. I have a few random small hives that appear each day, but nothing compared to being covered in itchy, painful hives.

Please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers over the next few weeks.  The babies are anxious about me having surgery again.  They are having to see their mommy go through so much.  Cancer has truly changed our lives, our perspectives, and our outlook for the future.  Please keep Tommy, Elayna, and David close to your heart as April 15th approaches.  I do not want them to be anxious or fearful, only full of hope for a bright, beautiful, healthy future.

David and I are anxious about this surgery for several reasons:
  1. how extensive "stage 2" is for being outpatient   
  2. I did not heal very well after the last surgery, we are concerned about similar complications
  3. the hives!  I am so worried this will bring them back
If you would like to have more information on the DIEP please let me know.


The babies and I are having such a wonderful spring break!  I am so thankful for the joy they bring to each other, and to me.  We are doing everything we can to soak up every ounce of this beautiful weather.


Please continue to spread love and light into the world.  Live each day to the fullest, make memories, smile at strangers, give hugs, be happy.

I will continue to #fightlikeamommy.  Recently my mom had a "sports" day at work.  They could all wear their favorite team's jersey or t-shirt.  Momma wore my "fight like a mommy" t-shirt, she said it was her favorite team.  It makes me cry whenever I think about it.  She is pretty awesome.

It is still my fairy tale.





No comments:

Post a Comment