Monday, February 27, 2012

Fretchler

Sweet Tommy, for a few months now you have been telling me that we need to have another baby.  It alternates between a boy and a girl, but the name is always the same - Fretchler.  You came up with it one night this winter at George's house.  You & daddy were sitting around their fire pit hanging out with Heather, Kate, Jordan, and Shirley, while I was home with Elayna.

You happily burst through the door, nose and cheeks all pink from the cold air and excitedly told me all about Fretchler.  I thought for sure that it was a phase that would pass, but here we are months later, and with no prompting you are still talking about Fretchler.

It is pretty sweet, Elayna is quickly becoming a big girl, the babyness of her is fading away into toddler hood.  I think often how much I would like to feel a little life growing inside of me again.  But the truth sweet prince, is that I am a pretty good momma - kind of amazing I like to think.  But I stink at being pregnant.  We both almost died when I was pregnant with you, and then again when I was pregnant with Elayna I was so sick. With C-diff that time, super yucky and potentially lethal for both of us.

I like being your momma way to much to put all that at risk again for another baby, I hope that you will understand that when you are older.  For now I will enjoy all of your stories about what Fretchler is doing in my tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment